Inland Empire Speakers Bureau
“The mission of the Inland Empire Speakers Bureau is to promote Toastmasters to the Inland Empire community at large while encouraging and supporting members in attaining professional speaking skills.”
Become a speaker
Minimum educational achievement of CC and working toward CL, current active membership in a District 12 Toastmasters Club is required to earn your QS rating. Maintain membership and be active in at least one Toastmaster club in District 12 is required to retain your QS rating here. Requirements to earn your QS rating include:
• Minimum educational achievement of CC and working toward CL, current active membership in a District 12 Toastmasters Club.
• Attend a minimum of five Speakers Bureau meetings to ensure meeting format familiarity and expectations of the qualifying speech process.
• Must have a Qualified Speaker Mentor; After your Mentor recommends you are ready to give your qualifying speech forward your speech title, a synopsis, and your introduction, to the Speakers Bureau, co-chairs at least 6 weeks prior to the presentation date.
• Qualifying speeches will be 15 to 20 minutes in length.
• Qualified Speakers will evaluate speeches, both verbally and written.
• A speaker will become qualified by a 2/3 vote of attending qualified speakers.
• If approved, the speaker is added to the Speakers Bureau Qualified Speaker list and must submit a bio to the Biography Chair (see maintaining Qualified Speaker Status).
• If not approved, the speaker may make a second attempt at least two months following the first attempt Requirements to retain your QS rating include:
• Maintain membership and be active in at least one Toastmaster club in District 12.
• Participate in the Speakers Bureau Program once in three years.
• Support clubs, areas, divisions, and the district by speaking when asked –at least once throughout the Toastmaster year.
• Attend at least six meetings every twelve months which includes Speakers Bureau and other functions such as TLI presentations, Super Saturday, and speaking to community groups. Any exemptions determined by Speakers Bureau Chair.
• Help mentor aspiring Qualified Speakers.
• Be a positive role model for Toastmasters, Speakers Bureau, and the Community.
• Potential Qualified speakers will be voted in by current Qualified Speakers. Speaker will be notified of a successful or failed attempt by Speakers Bureau chair within 48 hours.
Need a Speaker?
Our team covers an array of public speaking topics; every speaker available is a Qualified Speaker (QS). To obtain the designation of QS, one must demonstrate excellent presentation skills, and meet rigorous criteria. When a QS presents for your audience, they are well-versed in the art of Public Speaking. If you are in an organization (commercial or community: such as Rotary, Lions, Chamber of Commerce) and need a Qualified Speaker, please contact Dispatch Chair, Sandy Amelino. If you are a Qualified Speaker and have spoken to an outside group, at a District Event or visited and presented at a club other than your own please contact the Database Chair, Dominique Fruchtman is shown below.
District 12 Speakers Bureau co-chairs:
• Tom Jameson, DTM, PDG at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Michael Osur, DTM, PDG at email@example.com
Other Committee Chairs include:
Dispatch Chair: • Sandy Amelino, DTM, PDG
Biography Chair: • Kent Peterson, DTM, PDG
Registration Chair: • Marilyn Nepkie, DTM
Marketing/Social Media Co-Chairs: • Heather Munoz, ACB, CL • Kathryn Robbins, DTM • Karen de Vries, DTM
Database Chair: • Dominique Fruchtman, DTM
The Inland Empire Speakers Bureau is a service of District 12 Toastmasters.
We have speakers for the following Topics: aging, ballroom, dance, business, related, coaching, communication, communications, Continuing, education, for, youth, education, Educational, Engineering, Entertaining, family, funny, growing, old, Habitat, for, Humanity, health, history, humor, informative, inspirational, keynote, creation, lawsuit, leadership, litigation, marriage, mediation, mentoring, Motivational, parenting, personal, development, photography, poetry, politics, presentation, skills, prose, public, relations, public, speaking, skills, Search, and, Rescue, self, improvement, speech, coaching, storytelling, team, building, travel, Volunteering, Water, and, Water, Recycling,
• CF HAWTHORNE, QS
• CHARLOTTE NAUGLE, DTM, QS
• DARRELL ZELLER, DTM, QS
• GRACE LEFEVRE, DTM, QS
• JACK KANTOLA, DTM, QS
• JOHN “JACK” NELSON, DTM, QS
• KENT PETERSON, DTM, QS
• MELINDA SEWER MUGANZO, DTM, QS
• MICHAEL OSUR, DTM, QS
• MICHAEL OWEN, DTM, QS
• MIKE SLATTERY, ACS, CL, QS
• RALPH A. RIVERS SR., DTM, QS
• RANDY POWELL, DTM, QS
• ROBERT D. FREEL, DTM, QS
• ROBERT T. ANDERSEN, QS
• ROSALYN CARTER, DTM QS
• ROXANN ANDERSEN, QS
• SANDRA AMELINO, DTM, QS
• SARA CARDELLA, MA, DTM, QS
• SUZANNE STRAUSS, ACS, QS
• TOM JAMESON, DTM, QS